● 编撰了《健康与社会科学通讯 ● 资助女童专辑》。
Participatory Group on Subsidizing Impoverished Girls to go to School
Sponsored by Virginia C. Li, a professor of the UCLA School of Public Health and an American of Chinese origin, and her daughter, the participatory group on subsidizing impoverished girls to go to school was set up in September 2001. The members are teachers and medical personnel from Yunnan Normal University, the Provincial Mining Bureau Affiliated School, Kunming Ming De Middle School, the Kunming Party School of the CPC, the Kunming Family Planning Center Affiliated Hospital, and others. Since its establishment, the group has supported poor girls in Chengjiang County and Luliang County for two school years.
Subsidizing Impoverished Female University Students
● In September 2001, in consultation with sponsors and with assistance from the Women's Federation and township governments in the two counties, candidate students were identified. After visiting all candidate students, the group chose 7 impoverished female students (Xie Hongping, Wen Huilin, Fu Qifen, Xu Caiping, Sun Linfen, Zhou Shiqiong, Qian Yuying) who were later admitted to Yunnan Normal University and Yunnan Agriculture University that year.
● Assisted and instructed the 7 girls in planning their studies and social activities.
● Provided tutoring and training for the 7 girls on learning methods, life and communications skills, and work competence in order to enhance their self-confidence.
Subsidizing Impoverished Female High School Students
● In September 2002, with the assistance of Luliang First Middle School, the group adopted a competitive process, wherein 10 out of 13 previously identified girls coming from impoverished backgrounds would continue to be subsidized, according to their academic achievements.
● Aided the 3 students not selected to carry on in the program in finding other subsidiary resources.
● Assisted the subsidized girls in carrying out activities such as making speeches, sharing experiences of study in college, reflecting and communicating on reading materials, and applying for college entrance in order to improve their motivation for study and enhance their self-confidence.
● The faculty of Life Sciences, Yunnan Normal University donated old experimental furniture, worth 10,000 Yuan, to Luliang First Middle School.
● Improved a model of "Financial and Life Skills Support" to subsidize impoverished girls and to increase their self-confidence.
● Compiled a special issue of "Health and Social Sciences Newsletter" on the topic of subsidizing impoverished girls to go to school.